About Me

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dos días más...

I hate to beat up an old quote, but time really does fly...this Sunday I will be back in the United States..in St. Louis..in my house..in my room...when Ecuador was just starting to become my country and Quito my city..where there was my house and my room. I know I have only been here three weeks, but I do not know if I am ready to be drowned in all of the sounds of English convo. Sometimes it´s nice to walk around and not hear what everyone is saying, and to literally just enjoy your walk without interruption. But..to beat up on another old quote...all good things come to an end...lol okay I´m done. In all seriousness though, anyone reading this who has not had the chance to study abroad yet, I encourage you to hop on the next plane and go! The value you gain from trips abroad, even those as short as mine, is priceless. You will learn things that could never be taught in class, read in a book, or even taught by your parents. It´s self-empowerment, something you have to strive for...all by yourself. So ready...set...GO.




1 comment:

  1. Great point regarding that it is "nice to walk around and not hear what everyone is saying, and to literally enjoy your walk without interruption." I think I will take that in the next time I am on my stroll. Really enjoy your blog, reminds me to slow down and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete