About Me

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kentucky Fried...what!

So I have not been to KFC in I think five years..and let me tell you...they are everywhere in Quito. Yesterday was ¨el dia de los niños´´ which is basically mothers day for children. So we went to this three story KFC. Not exactly my idea of fun, but it was an interesting night to say the least. So while the kids are playing on this huge playground...I look out down on the streets and see tons of people pointing and looking up at the building we are sitting in...more people are stopping...mouths are dropping..and of course I cannot see what is going on since I am on the inside...NOT a good feeling! Next thing I know..I see smoke. I nudge my host father and say LOOK! and what does he say...oh yes lot´s of people down there! So no one is taking me seriously...then the police and fire department show up and the crowd is doubling. Finally my host grandmother was like vamos vamos! but no...we continue to sit there along with everyone else in the restaurant while the children continue playing...I am thinking..where on earth am I! A bad dream..it must be. So finally we leave and finally get to see what all the fuss was about. The ´´C´´ in KFC had caught on fire...so now its just Kentucky Fried. Hahahaha
video

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Thats hilarious! Is there really a need for a KFC to be three stories???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I was thinking..apparently so..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well. I always said you would go far - but really had no clue. What an adventure you're having. I'll keep following now that I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!!! Love you and proud of you.

    CeCe (Aunt Carolyn)

    ReplyDelete